Auto Repair & Services
- Star Certified Smog Check & Smog Failure Repairs in Torrance, CA
- Oil Changes
- Brake Repair
- Preventative Maintenance/Maintenance Required Light
- Tune Up
- Brake & Lamp Certification Of Salvaged Cars
- Air Conditioning
- Belts & Hoses
- Air Filters
- A/C Cabin Filters
- Check Engine Light Repair
- Cooling System
- Electrical Problems
- Engine Diagnositcs
- Muffler Repair Work & Exhaust System Examination
- Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement
- Transmission Repair
- Extended Warranty Repairs
- Tire Installation
- Suspension Repair
- Transmission Replacement
- Water Pumps
- Fuel Pump Replacement service
Clutch in Torrance, CA
Most people assume that the clutch in your car is the pedal to the left of the brake. While that is partially true, there is more to it. It is the most vital part of your car, and when it stops working, it makes it impossible to run the car.
How a Clutch Works?
The clutch is a friction device that links the car’s engine to the transmission. The engine of your vehicle is designed to be constantly spinning while on, even when your wheels are not turning. The clutch has to be able to separate the engine and the transmission. Clutch allows you to come to a stop without stalling the engine. It also makes shifting gears a lot easier.
The clutch consists of several separate components:
· A clutch disk — the friction device that makes the connection between the engine and transmission
· A flywheel — what give the clutch disk a surface to hold onto
· A pressure plate — the part that holds the clutch disk to the flywheel
· A throwout bearing — which presses the levers on the pressure plate when you press the clutch pedal to release the clutch
The clutch does wear out over time, but that repair is a relatively easier maintenance job compared to the more expensive transmission repair. Some common issues related to clutch included: a clutch disc wearing out, stretched cable controls, a leak in the hydraulics and air bubbles forming in the hydraulic line. If you think you are having issues with your clutch, bring your car to Agile Auto Care of Torrance, CA, and our experience technicians will be able to replace or repair the clutch as needed.
We offer Clutch in Torrance, CA service. Contact us today!